This recipe is a throw-way-back to an old IG post, and it seemed like a good time to blog it, given this being the season of ghouls, goblins, and vampires.
Garlic is a huge hit around here, and one of my favorite ways to eat it is roasted. This simple and delectable recipe will leave you wanting to make it all the time.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 head (or two) organic garlic, because you can never have TOO much
- Parchment paper
- Baking dish with lid
Here’s how you do it:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Set rack in middle position
- Peel off loose, papery outer layers of the garlic
- Cut approx. ¼” off top of head(s)
- Place on parchment [not aluminum foil; do as I say not as I did ;)] in baking dish
- Drizzle with Organic EVOO
- Cover with lid and bake for 45 minutes or until cloves are fork tender and have begun to turn brown
- Cool enough to handle and push on the bottom of each clove to easily remove it.
- Warn your family that you’re gonna be putting this stuff on everything! (yes, it is that amazing)
I liberally spread it on a slice of toasted Paleo bread (uh, yum!) but don’t think the uses end there…add it to mayo and lemon for aioli, use in salad dressing or in place of raw garlic in other recipes.
Photographic evidence of my roasted garlic journey: