What you need:
- 6 oz. coarsely ground coffee beans
- 6 cups cold water
How to make it:
- In a large container, combine coffee beans and water. Make sure all the coffee beans are covered and saturated.
- Cover and allow to sit overnight, 24 hours is ideal. You can store it in the fridge or room temp.
- Set a fine-mesh strainer, lined with cheesecloth (this is optional to catch more of the coffee grounds), over a pitcher or another container.
- Slowly pour the coffee mixture through the strainer, allowing all the liquid to seep through. You may need to help push the liquid through the strainer. Pour the mixture through the strainer one to two more times to ensure all the grounds have been removed. (This is where a cheesecloth comes in handy.) Discard grounds after filtering.
- Place coffee in the fridge, in a sealed container and allow to chill until ready to use.
- To make an iced coffee, add ice cubes to a glass. Add a 1:1 ratio of coffee to water and mix well.
- We like to drink our cold brew black to get the full flavor of the beans, but if you prefer, this is where you add your milk and sweetener to taste, stir well.
~ from our family to yours <3